[GRASS-dev] Projection-problem

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Mon May 15 08:48:42 EDT 2006

Hello Paul,

On Mon, 15 May 2006 12:23:43 +0100 (BST) Paul Kelly
<paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 May 2006, Stephan Holl wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 11 May 2006 15:55:12 +0100 (BST) Paul Kelly
> > <paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk> wrote:
> >>
> >> OK well I can't see any problems with it so I have committed.
> >> Perhaps it would be an idea to exit with an error if the spatial=
> >> functionality is being used when more than one layer is being
> >> imported, but certainly it should also be working better too now I
> >> think as it would have also been potentially using the wrong layer
> >> before.
> >
> > yes, good point. Is it easy to implement?
>
> Should be. Something like
> if ( spat_opt->answer ) {
>      if ( nlayers > 1 )
>          G_fatal_error( "..." );
>
> BUT.. I don't know if this is how it works or not. I don't even know
> if it's a problem the way it is currently, and and even if it is,
> perhaps it's possible to modify the code to apply the spatial filter
> to all layers rather than just exiting. I'm just pointing out that it
> probably needs to be checked at some stage. Not planning to change
> anything now.

OK. I have used the spatial-switch successfully after your fix and the
result was cut cirrect. I could not check if the projection whould have
been checked correct, because I had to overwrite projection-check.
This is currently needed because of the "Transverse Mercator"
string-problem (missing underscore) in my data...

> > One short question regarding the projection-check-overriding (-o):
> > Does this prevent GRASS using any projection-related stuff?
>
> Not sure what you mean here---as long as the projection for the
> location the map is being imported into is set up correctly then all
> should be fine.

Yes, that is what I mean. I had received some segfaults during -o
switch, but apparently this was because a missing make distclean.

Best
	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508