[GRASS-dev] Projection-problem

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu May 11 07:35:46 EDT 2006

Hello Stephan

On Thu, 11 May 2006, Stephan Holl wrote:

> But, it does not import any other projected dataset anymore unless I
> specify -o which mostly is unintended for projected data.

[...]
> # Reimporting
> v.in.ogr dsn=/tmp layer=spear_roads out=test2222
> ERROR: Projection of dataset does not appear to match current location.
>
>       LOCATION PROJ_INFO is:
>       name: UTM
>       datum: nad27
>       nadgrids: conus
>       proj: utm
>       ellps: clark66
>       a: 6378206.4000000004
>       es: 0.0067686580
>       f: 294.9786982000
>       zone: 13
>
>       cellhd.proj = 0 (unreferenced/unknown)

Hmm I don't see how the change I made could affect that at all. What does
g.region -p
say?

I should also say that the projection comparison code is "just there", I
don't like it, don't think it is a good way of testing things nor very
robust/comprehensive, but there is no better way of doing it so it stays
there!

Paul