[GRASS-dev] Datum-addition

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Mon May 15 03:41:10 EDT 2006

Dear list,

I have found several datum definition which are currently not supported
by GRASS yet. However, I would like to implement them into GRASS.

for example:
DATUM|Ellipsoid Code|Region of Use|DX| DY |DZ |EX|EY|Ez
India Bangladesh|EA |Bangladesh   |282|726|254|10|8 |12

This values are found here[1].

I found out that this needs to go into datum.table in lib/gis/.But the
datums there only contain dx,dy,dz, not the ex,ey,ez values.

What I am not sure about is the addition into datumtransform.table.
Is it nessessary to provide more information there? How to transform
into PROJ4-style (towgs84=)?

Thanks for your help.

	Stephan

[1]