[GRASS-dev] arabic try

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon May 15 21:14:13 EDT 2006

> - If I want to use another language like Arabic with interfaces in
>    grass, do I need to compile the grass?

No. Language can be set at runtime.
You do need the source code to help with translating new messages. (?)

> - I want to build different interfaces in TCL/TK and from them I will
> call GRASS's functions, but my interfaces must be in Arabic ,so I ask
> you: Do I need to translate Grass messages to Arabic

Someone has to. Start with the modules most important to you.

see  http://grass.ibiblio.org/devel/i18n.php

I don't think that has been updated for Cedric's latest TclTk &
scripting translation updates. Maybe he could give an example?

Hamish