[bug #3117] [GRASS-dev] povray and grass

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Wed May 17 08:11:46 EDT 2006

Hello Glynn,

On Tue, 16 May 2006 11:12:23 +0100 Glynn Clements
<glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> > > I think I've fixed it in CVS.
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > There are other modules that happen to fail due to "too many nested
> > evaluations (infinite loop?)" in GUI. Those I rememeber are v.in.ogr
> > and v.extract. See http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2937
> >
> > Could it be related?
>
> I don't know, but I notice that both of those modules have incorrect
> startup code.
>
> v.in.ogr calls various GRASS functions before G_parser() has returned,
> while v.extract calls the G_define_* functions before calling
> G_gisinit().

What do you mean by incorrect startup-code. Does this have any
influence of their work? I am especially interested in v.in.ogrs
behaviour since I am somewhat confused about its work.

(One one maschine it works OK, on another maschine it segfaults. The
packages used on both maschines are identical...)

Thanks for elaborating on this.

	stephan