[GRASS-dev] new profiling tool and other gis.m updates

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri May 19 16:23:06 EDT 2006

I just committed to the cvs a new profiling tool written in pure TclTk. To
go along with this, I¹ve re-arranged the map display toolbar a bit to group
similar functions together and add help to all buttons. Please test.

The region issue I mentioned earlier today appears to be still with us, so I
did a quick workaround by adding a zoom menubutton option to set the current
region (i.e., stored in WIND) to match the map display. This calls a
function that Cedric added.

Trevor Wiens created bindings to allow rapid tool switching using
Œhot-keys¹. When using an interactive display tool you can now use a hot key
to switch from one tool to another without using the mouse to select the
tool. There are keys for each side (L&R) of the keyboard. They are very
handy if you need to quickly switch from one function to another.

    Zoom-in:    i or z
    Zoom-out:   o or t
    Pan:    p or a
    Query: ? or q
    Measure: m or d

Try them and see what you think.

I also changed the one-click zoom to the sqrt(2), following Glynn¹s
suggestion, to zoom more rapidly in either direction.

Michael
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671