[GRASS-dev] Re: [-> 6.1.0 freeze & release?]

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun May 21 01:33:50 EDT 2006

> > There's no reason why new modules can't be added during a freeze.
>
> Sorry to dissent, but in the IT project business for good reasons a
> freeze is always full freeze with neither change of the existing nor
> the addition of new things.

We are blessed with a non-monolithic code base, so addition of a new
buggy module won't bring down the rest of the system. What it will do
however is diminish the user's trust in the rest of the system when
they randomly run into new & buggy parts.

I don't mind a small parts being added during the freeze as long as
they have already been announced, discussed, and are non-invasive.
Having said that I do favour a moderately hard freeze on new features.

Hamish