[GRASS-dev] g-ps.map

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue May 23 08:39:44 EDT 2006

Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> Hallo,
> my fault. Bugfix release can be found at
> http://les-ejk.cz/programs/grass/gpsmap-0.1.1.tgz

Now, I can save and print, so basic functionality seems to work !

Some more remarks:

- would be nice to have a "save as..." to be able to change an existing
file and save it under another name

- when I click on 'new' to create a new file, 'save' does not allow me
to chose a new name, but just saves under the previously used name.

- the save dialog says "open" on the button, this should probably be "save"

- When I use vlegend, without filling in the "where" field and then
click on refresh, I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./gpsmap.py", line 270, in on_refreshButton_clicked
     self.draw(None, None)
   File "./gpsmap.py", line 450, in draw
     (x,y) = string.split(where)
ValueError: unpack list of wrong size

- Similar with a text:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./gpsmap.py", line 270, in on_refreshButton_clicked
     self.draw(None, None)
   File "./gpsmap.py", line 416, in draw
     x,y = self.drawingmap.region2pixel(x,y)
   File "/home/jachym/prog/cvs/gpsmap/Modules/drawingMap.py", line 207,
in region2pixel
ValueError: empty string for float()

- However, refresh in any case doesn't do anything. What is it supposed
to do ? When I look at your screenshot, you seem to have placeholders of
the different elements visible. I only see this here, and it doesn't
change, whatever I do:

http://moritz.homelinux.org/grass/gpsmap.png

Don't have time for more at the moment, but I hope this will already be
useful.

Moritz