[GRASS-dev] g-ps.map

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Tue May 23 09:05:07 EDT 2006

Hallo,

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 02:39:44PM +0200, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> >Hallo,
> >my fault. Bugfix release can be found at
> >http://les-ejk.cz/programs/grass/gpsmap-0.1.1.tgz
>
> Now, I can save and print, so basic functionality seems to work !
>
> Some more remarks:
>
> - would be nice to have a "save as..." to be able to change an existing
> file and save it under another name

I would say, this should be hidden in some menu

> - when I click on 'new' to create a new file, 'save' does not allow me
> to chose a new name, but just saves under the previously used name.

aha, thanks

> - the save dialog says "open" on the button, this should probably be "save"

hmm, need to look to pytgtk documentation

> - When I use vlegend, without filling in the "where" field and then
> click on refresh, I get:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./gpsmap.py", line 270, in on_refreshButton_clicked
>     self.draw(None, None)
>   File "./gpsmap.py", line 450, in draw
>     (x,y) = string.split(where)
> ValueError: unpack list of wrong size
>
> - Similar with a text:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./gpsmap.py", line 270, in on_refreshButton_clicked
>     self.draw(None, None)
>   File "./gpsmap.py", line 416, in draw
>     x,y = self.drawingmap.region2pixel(x,y)
>   File "/home/jachym/prog/cvs/gpsmap/Modules/drawingMap.py", line 207,
> in region2pixel
> ValueError: empty string for float()

mandatory inputs should be controlled and event. trow some error in some form

> - However, refresh in any case doesn't do anything. What is it supposed
> to do ? When I look at your screenshot, you seem to have placeholders of
> the different elements visible. I only see this here, and it doesn't
> change, whatever I do:
>
> http://moritz.homelinux.org/grass/gpsmap.png

yes, not everything has been implemented yet - actually only the "text"
instruction should be drawn in your psmapfile (except of map region).
I do not know, how to display vectors or rasters in other form, than the
map region.

Could you send me your psmap file and your region settings please? The
region is also drawed false at your image

thanks

jachym

P.S. Wow! It speaks french too!