[GRASS-dev] Re: gis.m: how to create high-resolution graphics file ?

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed May 24 17:19:44 EDT 2006

Moritz,

In terms of raster, you can only get what is in the display. That is, you
can't get higher resolution than you can see. This is pretty good if you
expand the display to your full screen, but it may not be enough for what
you want I suppose.

Under the print menubutton, you can export to eps. This is a high as it
gets. There is text in eps format--so it will look very good--but vectors
are still rendered on-screen as rasters. This is a function of the GRASS
display libraries/functions. It would be nice to have vectors rendered as
vector objects, of course, but this will take some rewriting. OTOH, this is
the direction we are trying to take the GUI/display architecture.

Michael
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671