[GRASS-dev] [bug #4246] (grass) NVIZ: segfault in kanimation panel

guest user via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Thu May 25 13:40:32 EDT 2006

Bob hit the nail on the head. Memory allocated by Tcl must be freed by
Tcl_Free. It can't be freed by glibc (G_free).

The reason for this is that newer versions of Tcl incorporate special memory
management. Tcl allocates big chunks of memory using malloc, then doles out
smaller pieces of memory when Tcl_Alloc is called inside other parts of Tcl.

I fixed this occurane in anim_support.c and commited it to CVS.

We need someone who is familiar with the NVIZ code to hunt down other improper
uses of G_free and glibc free before closing this bug.