[GRASS-dev] Re: gis.m: how to create high-resolution graphics file ?

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri May 26 07:01:08 EDT 2006

Hamish wrote:
>>> Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the function of the res
>>> parameter? I think res=4 outputs a png at 4 times the current
>>> display size.
>
> also d.out.file or just the PNG driver with GRASS_WIDTH and GRASS_HEIGHT
> set to the desired size.

Yes, but d.out.png and d.out.file are only available when using the old
monitors. At least, I get:

***You must select a display monitor***

So, yes, I can get a nice map by going through the "old" system or
through the d.out.png driver.
My question concerned exporting a map directly from the gis.m map
display to a high resolution file.

Moritz