[GRASS-dev] v.edit initial version

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sat May 27 03:05:20 EDT 2006

Trevor:
> I've been thinking some more about v.edit and the replacement of
> v.digit. In the context of allowing the maximum flexibility to the end
> user, would it be a good idea for the future digitizing module to load
> a light weight copy (something with minimal topology information) of
> the vector file in question

As you go on to say, some topology is good.

I think one of the best parts of v.digit is quickly spotting open
boundaries via colored node points.

I am not sure if you can have a light-topology option?

v.in.region + v.select + v.out.ascii format=standard + parse for GUI..?
Can't pan or zoom out, but fast.

Eric:
> This sounds good to me; I agree that topologically sensible editing
> should be enabled by default, and persistent undo would be a really
> nice feature as well. Would it be beneficial to have a 'Commit
> Changes' button or something to write the current queue of edits to
> disk so they don't all have to be committed at the end?

+ crash safe :)

Hamish