[GRASS-dev] GRASS/KerGIS fonts: hershey revival

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 1 22:16:41 EST 2006

tlaronde wrote:
> But you have already programs in CERL GRASS based GIS to draw "icons"
> (legacy and postscript). They can just be changed to generate symbols
> in the description format used for the fonts---or, as I'm doing at the
> moment, generate them with v.in.* (here v.in.dxf); could have v.in.svg
> (v.in.metapost... since I do use it too), etc.

In grass 6.2 check out the d.graph symbol command. There is scale and
rotate infrastructure there, although rotate isn't fully implimented.

d.vect and ps.map can also use these symbols, and ps.map does support
simple .eps icons as well (incl. rotation).

see D_symbol() and  http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/IconSymbols

There is no .eps, .svg  -> d.graph or symbol  converter, but it would be
really great (and probably not that hard) for someone to write one. It's
been a long standing wish.

regards,
Hamish