[GRASS-dev] How to change fonts in gis manager?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Nov 7 00:34:34 EST 2006

Michael Barton wrote:

> Thanks. I can do something to implement these. I have a related question.
> TclTk (and wxPython) have built-in utilities to allow the user to  select a
> "system" font of some kind (e.g., {timeroman 12 bold}). Is there any way
> that GRASS can recognize these?

No.

At least, not without adding code to use whatever interface(s)
Tk/wxPython use. AFAICT, Tk doesn't use any standard interface (at
least not on X), so we would have to either take the code which Tk
uses and add it to lib/driver, or make lib/driver depend upon Tk.

Even that might not be sufficient; Tk just needs to get a reference to
the font which it can pass to the window system; GRASS needs the
actual glyph bitmaps.