[GRASS-dev] GRASS at GForge first steps

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Tue Nov 7 12:40:18 EST 2006

Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 06:11:08PM +1300, Hamish wrote:
>> Jachym Cepicky wrote:
>>> I will do it (try to do it). What exactly am I supposed to do? My
>>> imaginatio is following:
>>>
>>>     - Someone will submit some patch to wald
>>>     - I (or someone else) will examine the patch, look if it does what
>>>       it is supposed to do and paste my comment about this patch to
>>>       grass-dev list
>>>     - If it will be only small correction, I'll apply the patch to CVS
>>>       immediately
>>>     - If it will be bigger change and nobody will complain in
>>>     grass-dev
>>>         within a week or so, I'll commit the change too.
>>>
>>> Anything else? Or do I understand this task completely wrong?
>>
>> I prefer to be more conservative, adding code to CVS should be opt-in
>> not opt-out. A patch needs a developer-supporter to give it the ok,
>> versus falling into CVS by default.
>
> So if I understand it right, the last point in my decision tree will
> sound:
>     - If it will be bigger change and there will be no consensus
>       agreement, I'll leave the patch uncommited.
>
> Is it right?

Jachym,

I think that's OK and I agree with Hamish. We'll adapt as the situation
developes. In general I think the patches maintainer should a kind of
an interface between the patch submitter and the GRASS developers.
Coordinating the way the patch is dealt with, IOW. Not the ultimate
patch master ;).

Maciek