[GRASS-dev] Fw: [DebianGIS] build-indep for grass and other issues.

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 9 20:25:02 EST 2006

[fwd from DebianGIS --HB]

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 20:41:02 +0100
From: "Francesco P. Lovergine" <frankie at debian.org>
To: pkg-grass-general at lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: [DebianGIS] build-indep for grass and other issues.

In order to 'solve' the build-indep issue of grass, I would introduce
a special target to build once documentation on the maintainer box
and create a uuencoded tarball for the debian/ dir.
One more issue is the confused and not too policy-compliant /usr/lib/grass/etc/
directory which contains a mess of various files/binaries. The only decent way
to manage that could be writing a script which autoclassifies
files and move them in the right package and directories, leaving
a symlink in etc for compatibility with the grass tree.

All should go into 6.2 and experimental of course.

Ideas?

PS: I would like also grass folks find a plain and clear policy for paths
one day or another, keeping arch-dep and arch-indep things separated :)

--
Francesco P. Lovergine