[GRASS-dev] Re: g.proj/g.region different UTm zones

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Tue Nov 14 13:57:06 EST 2006

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006, Maciej Sieczka wrote:

> Paul Kelly wrote:

>>> Just a while ago, using the interactive region setup.
>
>> Perhaps related to Glynn's recent changes to g.setproj then?
>
> The projection is set fine I guess. The UTM zone number set (35) is
> present in PROJ_INFO (see my first email). The correct zone number is
> reported by g.proj -p. But g.region -p returns "zone:       0" istead
> of "zone:       35". Hmm.

Sorry I wasn't clear. The zone number reported by g.region is the one in
the WIND file. What I was suggesting is this is no longer being set
properly. I know it's a total mess having it in two places and is a
remnant of the 80s when GRASS only supported UTM, but IMHO it is too much
effort to wipe out all remnants of the old system so I just try to keep
the two consistent whenever possible.

Paul