[GRASS-dev] Re: single-click zoom doesn't preserve aspect ratio

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Nov 16 14:55:57 EST 2006

Hamish,

We just updated on an FC4 machine and the TclTk interface fails at startup
with a can't find parts(w) error. However, if we start gis.m manually from
the command line after this it starts fine. If I run g.region -g it produces
the proper data for "parts(w), etc". So something is happening to prevent
g.region from initially working or passing its information to the TclTk
variables when first moving from the startup screen to the GUI. This worked
fine with an updated GUI but without updated C-code until we recompiled
today.

In another case (a new FC6 machine), we get the same error, but for a
different reason. In that case we can't start because gdal is not installed
and g.region fails.

I can trap a g.region call, but I don't know yet if that will help the first
case. It won't help the second one because g.region needs to work to
initialize the displays.

Michael
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213