[GRASS-dev] Error in redrawing text layer in gis.m

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Nov 16 22:45:11 EST 2006

Eric,

I can't get it to fail. I don't doubt that it's failing for you, but I can't
get it to fail for me. I'm using the latest GUI with the new d.text.new
layer. I have a raster, vector line, and vector point layer; I added a grid
with a 0.02 degree spacing; then I added the text layer.

I changed the text layer options, turned it on and off, deleted it and tried
the PS Text layer, changed its options, turned it on and off, deleted the PS
Text layer and re-added a normal text layer, messed with options again,
turned it on and off again.

Nothing cause this to fail. It always drew the underlying maps, grid, and
text. I tried both stroke and x11 fonts in the text layer.

I'm using Spearfish to test this. Is there any other clue to the conditions
under which this fails?

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University