[GRASS-dev] NVIZ now broken?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Nov 18 13:17:58 EST 2006

On Nov 18, 2006, at 7:39 AM, Paul Kelly wrote:

> I can confirm the same problem as Markus, using ActiveState Tcl
> 8.4.13 on Windows. Markus' fix also worked for me. I didn't realise
> Nviz worked on native Windows actually until Yann Chemin's message
> yesterday. This is rather good. Need to use --with-opengl=windows
> in the configure script.

It didn't occur to me that it might matter until Paul mentioned NVIZ
working on native Windows TclTk.

NVIZ in TclTk Aqua now works!  This is in connection with bug #4768:

http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4768

Starting with today's snapshot (last time I checked and failed was
Oct 23), I added Bob's map_obj.c patch and removed -label from
panel_site.tcl, and configured and built for opengl=aqua.  Can others
test to verify?  I only tested with those patches (not without), and
on OS 10.4.8/Xcode 2.4.1 + ActiveTcl 8.4.13, so far.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely
inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro