[GRASS-dev] [bug #5328] (grass) Create new mapset fails

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Sat Nov 25 07:30:47 EST 2006

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=5328

Subject: Create new mapset fails

Platform: GNU/Linux/x86
grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
grass binary for platform: Downloaded precompiled Binaries

OS is Fedora 6

Binary install from downloaded rpms for Fedora 6

First time launching grass I follow the procedure to create a new mapset
After entering the mapset name I click on "Create new mapset" and get the following (nedless to say that the path exists):

couldn't change working directory to "##ERROR##": no such file or directory
couldn't change working directory to "##ERROR##": no such file or directory
    while executing
"cd $location"
    invoked from within
".frame0.frameNMS.third.button invoke"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"
    (procedure "tk::ButtonUp" line 22)
    invoked from within
"tk::ButtonUp .frame0.frameNMS.third.button"
    (command bound to event)