[GRASS-dev] python and GRASS_MESSAGE_FORMAT

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Sat Nov 25 10:59:25 EST 2006

Hallo,

I would need to catch progress of r.los in one python script. I used
following approach

os.putenv("GRASS_MESSAGE_FORMAT","gui")
for line in os.popen("r.los in=elevation.dem out=tmp 2>&1").readlines():
    print line

It works well, but all the "lines" are printed out, just after r.los is
finished, but not while it is processing the raster map.

Could somebody help me, how to do it? Could you point me to tcl code,
which must solve this problem too?

Thank you

Jachym
--