[GRASS-dev] [bug #5341] (grass) v.db.select: segfault

Maciek Sieczka via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Mon Nov 27 14:12:47 EST 2006

neteler at itc.it wrote (Mon, Nov 27 2006 19:08:21):

> the graphical frontend to gdb, will get you to the offending line.
> There you can check variable settings before the program crashes and so
> forth.

I don't know a thing about C, or any other programming language (only basics
of shell and awk). Thus I really doubt debugging C code by me makes much sense.

> Maybe you could give 'ddd' a try first? It's really not so difficult.

But I need to now something about how C works, more or less, don't I?

Do you suppose the problem could be due to my setup, not the v.db.select code?

I would greatly appreciate if anybody could try reproducing the segfault.

Maciek