[GRASS-dev] [bug #5176] (grass) v.in.ogr: segfault when a full path to dsn is missing

Maciek Sieczka via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Mon Oct 2 07:22:21 EDT 2006

Hamish wrote:

> v.in.ogr dsn=force_lrconnect_cl_onlycat139.shp
> does it work then?

No. It can't. Because force_lrconnect_cl_onlycat139.shp is in
$HOME/dsn=force_lrconnect_cl_onlycat139

> what if you change the dir name to something not the same as the filename?

Good guess! It works then:

$ mv force_lrconnect_cl_onlycat139 shorter
$ v.in.ogr dsn=shorter/ output=force_lrconnect_cl_onlycat139
layer=force_lrconnect_cl_onlycat139
(no segfault, shape imports fine)

But funny thing is that same command that segfaults in my location:

$ vin.ogr dsn=force_lrconnect_cl_onlycat139/
output=force_lrconnect_cl_onlycat139_import layer=force_lrconnect_cl_onlycat139

works fine in spearfish!, if projection check is -o(verrided) of course.

That made we wonder whether it would also work in my location if I use the -o
flag there as well - but still v.in.ogr segfaults even though. Hmm.

Maciek