[GRASS-dev] r.resamp.aggregate

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Oct 2 21:23:13 EDT 2006

Glynn Clements wrote:

> > > Can we make a decision as to the official name of this module?
> >
> > how about r.resamp.bin? (as in binning, not binary)
> >
> > If r.resamp.aggregate is used, I'd vote for using the full word.
> > I don't think "aggregate" abreviates well.
> >
> > by the way, what is this module?
>
> It's a resampling module where the value of the output cell is an
> aggregate (mean, median, mode, min, max etc) of the values from all of
> the input cells whose centres lie within the bounds of the output
> cell.

In case no-one noticed, this is now in CVS, as r.resamp.stats.

Also, I've extended it (and lib/stats) to support aggregates which are
weighted according to the proportion of the source cell which
intersects the output cell. This is slower, but more accurate if the
output grid isn't aligned to the source grid.