[GRASS-dev] Grass Documentation How-to html page

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 2 23:42:25 EDT 2006

Patton, Eric wrote:
> Maciek had advised me to make diffs from the original description
> html, because I had tried diffing a copy of a manpage somewhere in
> /home, and he had problems applying it to CVS. (?) I'm not sure why it
> didn't work, just following suggestions. I'll CC: him on this to see
> why.

Guess: there are 355 or so files called description.html in the grass
source code. If you move the file out of the module's directory it is
hard for the CVS to know where to put it. Run diff from the top
directory of the source code and then the directory structure (and
module name) are preserved.

My point was more along the lines of the grass source code tree &
compiling can and should be done as a regular user. Only jump to the
superuser to install the finished product. If a script goes wrong during
the compile process much less damage will be done to your system that
way.

Hamish