[GRASS-dev] Grass Documentation How-to html page

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Oct 4 03:22:30 EDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 06:48:27PM +1300, Hamish wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
> > > The sooner the GDP is migrated out of the web
> > > site CVS and into the wiki and truely group maintained the better
> > > for everyone IMO.  [ps. -- is the wiki being backed up?
> >
> > Yes, backup'ed.
> >
> > > available as .zip
> > > for burning to a CD for access to help when in the field?]
> >
> > Nice to have. How to implement it?
>
> cron job on the wiki server, downloadable as an attachment from the wiki
> server?

You mean the MySQL DB? I would need a pointer how to do that.

> > A related consideration:
> > Should we move to a Content Management System like Drupal or
> > Joomla? If yes, will folks participate to migrate the Web
> > site contents? The only major problem is how to feed the
> > mirror sites (make a static copy overnight and rsync that?).
>
> what's the advantage over SVN with a wider range of folks with write
> access? We want to keep some sort of control over who can edit the core
> website pages, but not restrict it to programmers only.

After 4-5 years of Web pages in CVS, I don't think that a change
to SVN will make a big change.
Content Management Systems usually come with user roles, so that pages
could be maintained at various levels. But I see, interest in
CMS is also fairly low...

Markus