[GRASS-dev] [bug #5189] (grass) Error in start up script

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Oct 6 11:48:43 EDT 2006

Request Tracker wrote:
> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=5189
>
> Subject: Error in start up script
>
> Platform: WindowsNT/2000/XP
> grass obtained from: Mirror of Trento site
> grass binary for platform: Downloaded precompiled Binaries
> GRASS Version: 6.3.cvs (2006)
>
> Hello,
>
> When I open the spearfish sample mapset I get this error:
>
> can't read "parts(n)": no such variable
>  while executing
> "MapCanvas::zoom_new $mon $parts(n)$parts(s)$parts(e)$parts(w)$parts(nsres)$parts(ewres)"(procedure "MapCanvas::zoom_gregion" line 11)invoked from within........
>
> When I was installing and I launched 'inst_grass.bat' I obtained an error which said something like: <Connection rejected by peer> so I downloaded the files included in the 'gnuwin32_pkgs' and 'grass_pkgs' variables one by one and unzipped them into 'c:\msys\1.0\local'. After that, I have launched the last lines of the script, modifying it so that it jumps to:
>
> copy \inst_grass\grass.bat \msys\1.0
> copy \inst_grass\grass.ico \msys\1.0
> \msys\1.0\bin\grep "PATH=.*/mingw/bin" \msys\1.0\etc\profile > nul
> if %errorlevel% == 1 \msys\1.0\bin\sed "s/PATH=/PATH=C:\\\\mingw\\\\bin;/" \inst_grass\grass.bat > \msys\1.0\grass.bat
>
> I guess there is something wrong with the installation. I hope I don't have to repeat all the installation, do I? Can you help me, please?

Did you install PostgreSQL ? I had such an error when I didn't install
PostgreSQL, since all modules are compiled with the dependency for
pg.dll and the above error came from the fact that g.region didn't run
because of that missing dependency.

Really time to recompile the windows binaries without PostgreSQL
dependency...

Moritz