[GRASS-dev] Re: Your post on Grass list: i.group failed in new Georectifier

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Oct 6 14:32:54 EDT 2006

Eric,

I'm completely baffled. It must be some other kinds of changes in GRASS
affecting this. Is the only one that doesn't work? You can grep run_panel
*.tcl in the /etc/gm folder and see what else uses it. You can make a change
with a text editor with no need to recompile.

I have to make a confession that the version I'm working with is a couple
weeks old, but has all current tcltk files. I'm concerned that some other
change in the tcltk parser is creating problems with running some things.
i.group should not be problematic since it doesn't require an xterm to run.

The "run" procedure is used widely. I can think of no reason why "exec --
i.group >& /dev/null" should not work. I notice that you do not have the new
devnull variable that makes this workable in Windows, so you must be running
6.1 or 6.2. I don't know whether that makes a difference or not.

Given all this, I'm forwarding this to the general developer list to see
what's going on.

Michael
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213