[GRASS-dev] First steps to switch the bug tracker

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Sun Oct 8 15:49:13 EDT 2006

On Sunday 08 October 2006 17:14, Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> > The managers and anyone submitting or working on
> > bug entries should create a user account.
>
> Done. Sent you a request to add me to GRASS project.

You are added.

> > Also, you will currently see quite a number of tabs for
> > the project (forums, mailing lists, tasks, etc).
> > Actually, we only need the bug tracker (so far).
> > All others can be switched off. I will do so unless
> > you want a specific feature to remain.
> >
> > Next, there are curently some default trackers configured.
> > These could be deleted, or additionally be created and of course
> > configured to some extend.
>
> You mean Bugs, Support, Patches, Feature Request? I think we could drop
> Support. It will be better to keep all tech-support traffic on
> the lists as we used to, so more people would participate in discussion
> and more could benefit of it.

sounds reasonable.

> I also would prefer to close the Forums and Lists - for the same
> reason. We have too little recources to take care of all the eventuall
> discussions spreaded here and there.
>
> Regarding Tasks, Docs, Surveys, News and Files there are dedicated
> facilities on grass.itc.it and on GRASS WIKI. So I would prefer to
> remove them too.

make sense.

> What about the SCM? Is moving to SVN planned? If not, could we close
> that as well?

well, it is on the roadmap to move on to a better SCM. Whether it should
be SVN or even something more advanced like Mercurial is still to be
discussed.

> Regarding the trackers:
>
> @ Oliver:
>
> 1. Can I use more than 1 email for "Send email on new submission to
> address:"?

don't know. Should be tested.

> 2. Is it posible to customize what columns will be displayed in
> http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?atid=167&group_id=21&func=browse
> ? I'd like to add Version there.

not in the admin interface. But maybe at some deeper point.

Best

	Jan
--
Jan-Oliver Wagner: www.intevation.de/~jan  | GISpatcher: www.gispatcher.de