raster MASKs; was [GRASS-dev] interferring ovewrite flags

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Oct 11 01:25:58 EDT 2006

Hamish wrote:

> > As every module supports --o, the GUI should unconditionally add a
> > checkbox for overwrite. It shouldn't expect the parser to tell it to
> > do so.
>
> --o is added to modules that can use it, ie. with gisprompt = "new,,"

It's understood by all modules, but it only appears in the --help and
--html output if one of the options has gisprompt=new.

> r.out.* and d.* modules for example don't have it & it doesn't make
> sense there.

Why wouldn't r.out.* use it? It could apply to overwriting files as
well as overwriting maps.

> g.module --html-description  adds it when needed
>
> g.module --interface-description  apparently doesn't
>
> g.module --tcltk  apparently doesn't
>
> need to copy the logic from --html to --tcltk in lib/gis/parser.c

The --tcltk output needs to be machine readable.

Adding the --o etc flags would need an extension to the syntax (we
can't use add_flag, because they aren't like other flags). I'll look
into it.