[GRASS-dev] --v/q issues

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 11 22:22:53 EDT 2006

HB:
> > just a reminder, "-q" and "-v" flags should not be removed in GRASS
> > 6.x!
..

Jachym wrote:
> i allready went through some modules and appart of rewriting the code,
> i also removed -q/-v flags, because it was imho not necessary.
..
> does it mean, that it would be good to revert this changes - or at
> least add -v/-q flags back to modules?

No, you do not have to revert the changes, just the flags need to go
back in with a trigger for GRASS_VERBOSE.

e.g.

if(q_flag->answer) {
    G_warning(_("The '-q' flag is superseded and will be removed "
	"in future. Please use '--quiet' instead."));
    G_putenv("GRASS_VERBOSE","0");
}

Then we rip that out when we make GRASS 7.

thanks,
Hamish