[GRASS-dev] Re: [bug #5097] (grass) d.vect.chart: add where option

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Oct 18 08:00:39 EDT 2006

On Wed, October 18, 2006 12:38, Maciek Sieczka via RT wrote:
> guest wrote (Mon, Sep 4 2006 16:52:02):
>

>> It would be great to have a 'where' option in d.vect.chart.
>

> Maritz,
>

> AFAIU your new d.vect.chart version recently published on grass-dev list
>
> adresses this, is that correct?

yes

> Will it be applied into CVS and is it
> meant to

I will certainly try to add some more improvements (e.g. allow the use of
arbitrary icons), and I hope to integrate some elements of a future
C-version of d.vect.thematic (i.e. allow thematic coloring of proportional
icons), so the code might still change a bit.

But in my opinion, it should probably soon go into CVS, so that others can
work on it if they so wish.

I was waiting for an answer on how to handle this, though, i.e. should I
create a d.vect.chart2 directory ?

> replace d.vect.chart in future (for GRASS 7)?

I imagine, yes.

Especially if we go a bit further in the idea of allowing arbitrary sql
queries in vector commands (see experimental d.vect.chart.sql I posted to
the list).

Moritz