[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] g.list type=rast gives floating point exception

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Thu Oct 19 09:54:03 EDT 2006

Glynn Clements wrote:

> where maxlen is the length of the longest map name in the list. If the
> denominator is greater than 80, num_cols will be zero. num_cols is
> used as the RHS of the % (modulus) operator, hence the division by
> zero. I'll add a test for that case.

Glynn,

In current CVS the floating point exception with long names is gone,
but if any of the elements listed by g.list is longer than my terminal
width, all the elements are separated with a redundant empty line.

To notice that create eg. a vector of a name this long:

bricz_pkt_shorties_break_onlycat_prune_poly_prune_addcat_tmp_12724_0_v_breach5_9_2

and do 'g.list vect'. You'll see what I mean. Could those sparse empty
lines be avoided?

Maciek