[GRASS-dev] r.flow and G_message

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Oct 20 01:36:34 EDT 2006

Jachym,

We're using r.flow heavily in a new landscape dynamics modeling package. The
information it prints to stderr has been a real problem all along for using
this from the GUI and in scripts. We've finally gotten around it, but at
times this almost made the module unusable.

I am strongly in favor of your suggestion to remove and/or reduce this extra
verbage that is a holdover from a time when all modules were run from the
command line by the user and without a GUI.

Thanks very much for looking into this.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University