[GRASS-dev] Re: g.proj and datum information (and gis.m)

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Oct 21 00:06:18 EDT 2006

You simply can't have an  interactive xterm from inside a TclTk GUI. The
info gets returned to stderr, which TclTk treats as an error, or to stdout,
which TclTk treats (correctly) as information output from the command. There
is no way to communicate back from a simply text output window because it is
not an interactive xterm.

To use this (and other such commands) from inside a GUI, you need to be able
to turn off this required interactive part and let the GUI handle it. If the
projection parameters are not specified correctly, it can return an error
message and fail, but you can't ask a user to respond via a (non-existent)
terminal. The --q flag needs to work correctly here.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213