[GRASS-dev] r.mapcalc and g.remove --v/q issues

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 24 00:45:11 EDT 2006

Martin Landa wrote:
> The question is what to do when an user want to remove more data set
> elements simultaneously, eg.
>
> g.remove rast=dummy,map
>
> in this case exit status code should be 0 or 1?
>
> rm dummy,test -f
> echo $?
> 0

If it is decided that removing a non-existant map is an error (I guess
the opposite is the consensus), if one of many steps returns an error,
the overall result should reflect that.

I had been considering the vector (and future raster) case where either
the map dir exists or it doesn't. I see now that the multi-element
raster is a more difficult case to summarize in a single return value.

Hamish