[GRASS-dev] r.out.gdal rewritten - won't scale beyond 2GB

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Oct 25 19:57:10 EDT 2006

Andrew Danner wrote:

> I'm all for replacing the r.out.gdal script, but one problem I have with
> the new C version of r.out.gdal is that it creates a temporary raster
> entirely in memory

That's unacceptable.

If I had realised that, I wouldn't have suggested committing it to
CVS. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about GDAL to fix it myself.

To anyone else working on the new r.out.gdal: don't waste too much
time working on it until someone figures out how to fix this issue. If
it can't be done, then the module will be removed.