[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] Installation problem

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Oct 27 10:27:57 EDT 2006

gotnidea! Business Development Centre wrote:
> Hi again
>
> IIn my version of GRASS, I am unable to locate 'GIS' and 'Display'
> options in the menu. Nor am I able to generate any display in the Map
> display. It is totally blank!
>
> I have followed all the steps given. How can I view the maps? I am
> working on Spearfish60 data with GRASS6.3 version on Windows Xp SP2.

I imagine you are following the tutorial for GRASS 6.0. The interface
has changed since then with the passage from d.m (the Display Manager)
to gis.m (the GIS Manager). In the latter there are no Display options
in the menu as displaying is handled in individual monitors. Please read
the description of the GIS Manager here:

http://grass.itc.it/grass63/manuals/html63_user/gis.m.html

I hope that someone will quickly integrate the GIS Manager into the
tutorials...

Moritz