[GRASS-dev] EPSG list search

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 29 01:38:14 EDT 2006

Hi,

how hard would it be to add a "search" function to the GUI startup epsg
code browser?

It would be nice to have a line at the bottom of the window:

Search: [_______________________] [Go]   Forwards [x]  Backwards [x]

I would suggest hardcoding it case-insensitive.

I don't know enough tcl to do this, but here's the recipe in the
cookbook:

http://www.dci.clrc.ac.uk/Publications/Cookbook/msg.html
  add command -label Forward -com {FindWord  -forwards $seltxt}
  add command -label Backward -com {FindWord -backwards $seltxt}

and there's some sample code from "tcltextedit" in lib/findreplace.tcl.
(proc FindIt {}, "tkTextSetCursor"?)
hmph:  http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.php?t=691545
       http://wiki.tcl.tk/3082

license is in lib/edit.tcl.
  http://tcltextedit.sourceforge.net

this would make that EPSG box much more useful. (currently it's not very)

thanks,
Hamish