[GRASS-dev] d.m/d.gis mysteries..

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sun Oct 29 06:18:53 EST 2006

Michael,

Michael Barton wrote:

[snip: very informative and long explanation]

> The short answer:
>
> If you want to know exactly the extents of the display region and the number
> of columns and rows, use the display region information from the menu. If
> you want to exactly set the region extents, use g.region. Interactive
> zooming can get you pretty close, quickly and easily. For high precision,
> use the g.region module that was designed for this.

Thank you for the very good explanation of what is going on. I imagined
something like that. For my part this is not much of a problem, as I
normally don't need so precise region settings, but I do understand that
it can be frustrating for someone like Maciej who does.

The question really is: can we develop a way (probably not in gis.m, but
maybe in the future wxpython GUI) to accurately set the region in a
graphical, interactive UI ?

Moritz