[GRASS-dev] d.m/d.gis mysteries..

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Oct 30 10:04:17 EST 2006

Moritz,

This is a very good idea.

The whole interface should be better documented, and I am periodically
plagued by pangs of guilt along this line. There is a page out there, but
things have changed so fast that I haven't kept up with it. It should
probably a mini-manual of its own.

For example, I've never gotten around to documenting either the new profiler
or georectifier (guilt, guilt, guilt!). Now this is catching up with me as
people start to use it and run into some confusion, so that it is not clear
if there is a bug or if it is simply not explained well enough. I keep
hoping that someone else will do this. But it is a bit of a chicken and egg,
I fear. The entire system needs to be explained enough for someone to use it
and explain it to others.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University