[GRASS-dev] 6.2.0 release announcement fixes

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at gmx.de
Tue Oct 31 17:39:29 EST 2006

Hi,
sorry for the late response.

Markus Neteler schrieb:
> (Soeren, please take a look)
>
> On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 07:29:48PM +1300, Hamish wrote:
>>> now's a great time for folks to proof-read the draft release
>>> announcement:
>>>  http://grass.itc.it/announces/announce_grass620.html
>>>
>>> and blurb:
>>>  http://grass.itc.it/announces/abstract_grass620.txt
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> re the QA section of the announcement:
>>  (probably a section we should strive to keep functional!)
>>
>> * I just fixed a broken link to the test suite, as Summary.html no
>> longer exists. Changed it to the 6.2 test suite summary, which seems

Well, i have removed some md5 validation tests, because i have currently
no time to generate and validate correct md5 checksums.

>> more relevant (and less red!).  ps- on 6.2 page "Fail Summary" is empty,
>> maybe a "--end of fail summary--" line so it is clear entire page isn't
>> the fail summary?

Done.
Thanks for the feedback.

> Soeren, could you re-run the test suite on 6.2.0?

Done.

>> * rather than link to a dull mailing list page with an incidental link
>> mid-page for the SOCCER site, should we link to their page directly?
>>  http://web.soccerlab.polymtl.ca/grass-evolution/grass-browsers/grass-index-en.html
>
> Sorry for the dull page. But right, I have updated the link to
> the suggestion in the announcement.
>
>> * any point adding a link to these guys?
>>  http://cia.navi.cx/stats/project/GRASS
>
> Also added.
>
>> Hamish
>>
>> ps- v.buffer data error listed in 6.3 test suite is probably because of
>> the fixed polygon cleaning bug- the result is indeed binary different,
>> but hopefully more correct.  I don't know about the v.patch error.

I have removed the validation tests for some vector modules.
v.out.ascii is used for validation and generating md5 checksums.
Because v.out.ascii prints also the header of a vector
(format=standard), the md5
checksums differs from output to output if the creation date is set.
So i need to implement a header suppression flag to v.out.ascii to
generate "stable" md5 checksums.
But this have to wait, im very busy right now .... . :(

I have created a special grass6.2 test suite version:
http://www-pool.math.tu-berlin.de/~soeren/grass/GRASS_TestSuite/GRASS_Testsuite_6.2_validation.tar.bz2

The test log is available here:
http://www-pool.math.tu-berlin.de/~soeren/grass/GRASS_TestSuite/html_grass-6.2/

Best regards