[GRASS-dev] Re: [bug #2765] v.buffer bug??

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sun Sep 10 06:05:55 EDT 2006

Hamish wrote:
> Can someone provide me with a simple vector file where the buffering bug
> happens? or make it happen with a Speafish map?

Hamish,

In a message I just sent to you offlist you'll find an attached Grass
location with 2 input vectors:

	square_rot
	ditches

and 3 output vectors:

	square_rot_buf30

	ditches_buf1
	ditches_buf4

which expose the v.buffer's bug, using the following commands,
respectively:

	v.buffer input=square_rot output=square_rot_buf30 type=line 		buffer=30

	v.buffer input=ditches output=ditches_buf1 type=area buffer=1
	v.buffer input=ditches output=ditches_buf4 type=area buffer=4

(Zoom to 'ditches_buf' wind file to notice the bug in the latter example.)

Good luck,
Maciek