[GRASS-dev] [bug #2765] (grass) v.buffer produces strange results

Maciek Sieczka via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Mon Sep 11 15:44:00 EDT 2006

hamish_nospam at yahoo.com wrote (Mon, Sep 11 2006 04:14:07):

> Maciek:

>> square_rot

> Notice this is not a square of four corners!

Why the "!", actually?

> If you zoom in you find it contains 229 vertices, i.e. this is r.to.vect
> output with steps at the grid resolution. So not as easy to debug by hand

OK. But this doesn't mean buffering it should be buggy, right?

>> ditches

> I couldn't recreate your buff=1 and 4 errors- buffering works fine for
> me there.

I'm wondering why, because I can perfecetly reproduce the bug at any time with
exactly the data I sent you.

Are you absolutely sure that the output of following v.buffer commands:

 v.buffer input=ditches output=ditches_buf1 type=area buffer=1
 v.buffer input=ditches output=ditches_buf4 type=area buffer=4

looks all OK after you zoom to region 'ditches_buf' included in my sample dataset?

For me it's obvious that the output is plain wrong.

Maciek