[GRASS-dev] d.vect.thematic problem

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Sep 11 16:41:23 EDT 2006

Earlier today, I reported that d.vect.thematic is not running on my Mac,
returning the error

csh: if: Expression Syntax.
d.vect.thematic: awk required, please install awk or gawk first

The code in d.vect.thematic that is causing this is the following...

#### check if we have awk
if [ ! -x "`which awk`" ] ; then
    echo "$PROG: awk required, please install awk or gawk first" 2>&1
    exit 1
fi

If I run...

>>which awk

...from the a plain vanilla bash Terminal.app window, it returns ...

/usr/bin/awk

But if I run it from the GRASS Terminal.app window, it returns...

csh: if: Expression Syntax.

This is with William Kyngesburye¹s binaries of 2 Sept. 2006. Any idea what¹s
wrong?

Michael
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213