[GRASS-dev] [bug #5134] (grass) wish error

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Wed Sep 13 13:09:26 EDT 2006

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=5134

Subject: wish error

Platform: other
grass obtained from: Mirror of Trento site
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: 6.2

Please enter your name and error description here. Don't write general statements such as "this could be better" - please explain in
details how a certain problem can be solved or a feature be added/improved. Send different report for different problems. Thanks!

I compiled grass from source (grass-6.2.0beta2.tar.gz) on my freebsd 6.0
Intel box. It required just minor tweaking (include,lib path adjustments).
Running the program in X11 it says:

Starting GRASS ...
WARNING: wish does not work as expected!
Please check your GRASS_WISH environment variable.

i set $GRASS_WISH=wish8.4 couse wish demands using wish4.8 as command.
but after that it still prompts the same error message,although the environment variable now is correct.

thanks, Nico