[GRASS-dev] Overlay grids and lines tool in gism fails to dra wgrid in map wi ndow

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Fri Sep 15 07:37:35 EDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: grass-dev-bounces at grass.itc.it
To: Maciej Sieczka
Cc: Moritz Lennert; 'grass-dev at grass.itc.it'
Sent: 9/15/2006 1:44 AM
Subject: Re: [GRASS-dev] Overlay grids and lines tool in gism fails to
drawgrid	in map wi ndow

Maciej Sieczka wrote:

> Moritz Lennert wrote:
>
> > Maciej Sieczka wrote:
>
> >> d.grid segfaults for me too if I use RGB triplets for color or
> >> bordercolor. If I use names (blue, red etc.) it works.
>
> > Actually it works as long as the RGB values are 0 or 255. As soon as
> > they are something else it segfaults.
>
> Hmm, for me it segfaults whatever the values, eg.:
>
> $ d.grid size=2000 origin=0,0 bordercolor=1:1:1
> Segmentation fault

d.grid calls D_parse_color() before calling R_open_driver(), which
won't work unless the colour is one of the predefined colours
(D_parse_color() allocates the specified colour within the driver then
returns the index of the allocated colour).

Ok. But d.grid worked for me in late July using the default color settings
in gis.m (some kind of light grey), without having to first use a predefined
color. The manpage says that RGB triplets can be used. Is this no longer the
case then?