[GRASS-dev] 3D vector + DB table

Alfonso Vitti alfonso.vitti at ing.unitn.it
Tue Sep 19 03:20:24 EDT 2006

Dear developers,

does anybody know if it is possible to have a 3D vector with faces
entities linked to a DB table?
I have data about an urban area. Buildings are composed by walls and
roofs faces, I'd like to import the data in GRASS preserving the
geometry and the "building element" as much as possible and to link the
resulting vector to a DB table.
nviz has some capabilities to allow the mouse selection of vector
entities and the visualization of the associated DB records. Is it
possible for any 3D geometry entities, including faces, or only for
vector points?

Best regards and thanks in advance,

Alfonso Vitti

"He who has imagination without learning has wings but no feet"

University of Trento
Via Mesiano, 77 - 38100 Trento (ITALY)

Alfonso Vitti
tel: +39 0461 88 26 08